Finally, some painted figures! The Bremen battalion, 1815

It is still hot, (95 degrees F)  but I have the kiddie pool up and getting filled with water, and have some units in the production line of the painting queue.

The Bremen battalion is the next unit from Hanover's contingents at Quatre Bras, as part of Kielmansegge's brigade.  Originally a light battalion, it had been reclassified in 1815 as a 'field' battalion. This meant a snappy uniform of a red coat...to which the unit added the black wings of a light battalion.  The unit also kept the black backpack leather and the signature blue pants.

 The figures are from the Perry miniatures line. I like the hats, there are no cords on the caps!

Yes, the green coated figures are not from the Bremen battalion, but from the next unit in queue. 


I really like the NCO figures  in these packs, lots of character. 

 The last photo is the obligatory flash photo, the blue and white are not nearly so bright as is shown here. The black facings should be piped white.... but these are 28mm figures and I am getting old.  I stay away from detail that I  know is dicey for me to do at best. There are 18 figures in the unit, which is the new 12.

The red, blue and black are from craft paints, I did wash a very light coat of brown stain over the figures before adding the white straps but after adding the yellow sashes. The yellow, silver and the white are from artist tube acrylics. The gunmetal and brass are vallejo colors.   I followed my basing plan by adding white glue and sand to the bases, then used the railroad dark earth stain.  A little flock and they are ready to roll into battle.

Next up will be the York Light battalion and the Luneberg Light battalion.  Those units will complete the foot of Kielmansegge's Brigade. Does anyone know if Kielmansegge wore a  'fore and aft' hat or a bicorne or a field cap on the day of battle?  

I did not go to Historicon, at least I can paint!

Comments

James Fisher said…
Top looking units Joe, especially with those interesting hats!
Gonsalvo said…
The red caps are something else - makes them really stand out!
pancerni said…
Yes, the hats are pretty outstanding, unless of course the other unit you are next to in line is also Hanoverian. ;-)

They'll look good on the table....soon, no doubt!

Popular Posts