The epymonious unit, at least the command stand up close.
I started the post Sunday and here it is, already Thursday. Harumph, I was not as fast with this unit as I had thought. ( The heat wave did end Sunday replacing the ninety degree days with ones merely in the high eighties...still enough of a drop in temperature, and more importantly the humidity, to make outdoors a possibility.) The kiddie pool refill was a success, no leaks, which means that job is done. I watched the grand-daughters make use of the water on Tuesday.
So I did get a little work done on the second batch (last 12 of the 18 castings) of the York battalion. I went with the green coats as per the photo on the Perry website, it seems to agree with the button placement on the casting. I realize some of the other sources show the unit as a Field battalion, with a red coat, but I take this as the penultimate Napoleonic green coated unit for awhile in my figure queue. I will be done with Kielmansegge's brigade when I finish the last unit, the Luneberg Light battalion.
I think there is a need for an additional light source for the non flash shots. The energy audit played havoc with photographic requirements.
Once more, the full unit with flash being used. The mix of poses is really nice, the inclusion of the sapper figure is a nice touch.
I was sparing on the brown wash on this unit, mostly on the exposed flesh and the yellow sashes. I don't think the green coats need the brown wash, at least not for definition.
It seems our colors are missing, sir!
I know I am in dire need of standards, I will have to start making decisions as it seems most of these units have no surviving record of what their standards presented. I may have to "go all hypothetical" based on what the known standards contain.
I am almost done with the next unit, one of the militia battalions from Best's battalion, the Osnabruckers. Check back by Friday, I think you'll like them as well.