Three Hussars part Fin

Well, getting around the Russian general staff and artillery crews took time, but the 3 Hinterland Hussars for daughter and grand daughters are finished.



I am happy with the way they turned out, although I think I made an error in that the horses are a bit dark for palominos.  I even did manage to suggest the correct hair colors on the appropriate hussars.  My daughter is a blonde, her girls have chestnut and light brown hair respectively.





Once again, the colors are a mix of craft paints, tube acrylics and some hobby paints, especially the Vallejo brass and steel colors.  I did try to tie all three together, the figures each have a red petticoat, a purple plume and green saddle blanket.  The figures are truly easy to paint, lots of wonderful detail the photos don't show.

The fellow at Hinterland just added some new figures, so the Hussars, after they leave the painting depot will be followed up by some others. But that's another project.

Comments

Popular Posts