Bolt Action Follies

Played some Bolt Action yesterday, with some of the most horrendous rolling I have done in a long time. Playing a US Army reinforced platoon (750 points) of three squads, 2 MMG teams, an attached Sherman and an Air Observer.

 I attempted to secure a town versus a pretty scraggly group of regular Wehrmacht, some Hitler Youth and Landstrum squads, supported by a Sdkf 222 armored car.  Piece of cake, right?


 Some of the regular Germans.
The Volktsrum posing. 
 The Hitler Youth were too shy to pose.  The Mortar and armored car were too deep in camo to be seen. Notice the WW2 stinger missile; I did not know we were playing fantasy. Oh, sorry, official BA list option for 1945 Germans.



 
This squad on my left flank thought it would have an MMG team in support.  Seems reasonable on turn one, eh?

Turn one saw his medium mortar immediately home in on a squad in a building. Turn two saw my air controller call in a green pilot who managed to put a kill and five pin markers on my right hand MMG squad. Meanwhile the Sherman got a few pins from the strafing run as well. And rolled boxcars for the morale check, causing a FUBAR move right off the table.

On the opposite side my left hand MMG team also FUBARED as it tried to rally off some pin markers.

By the end of turn two, I had ½ of a veteran squad, two regular squads with multiple pins and two FUBARED, moved off the table units.

The Forward Air Observer was still ok, but I did not want to use him again.  


Yes, I conceded at that point. Luckily my opponent was very kind in pointing out I had some pretty bad rolls. Maybe next time I can let my opponent have a chance to beat me. ;-)

 Results of friendly fire by aircraft. The Sherman's crew already had moved to a 'better position.'


I can't believe this is the game for which I have photos!


Comments

Gonsalvo said…
"Tough luck, old bean!" (said in true "Charge!" style).
pancerni said…
I will get a lucky run soon. It is just averages.

Popular Posts