I have some catching up to do....pt 3 Austrian Jagers

Way back in time,at Historicon 2009, a group of us put together several games featuring situations of 1809 Napoleonics battles .

My personal project was the campaign pitting the forces of Austria against the French and Westphalian units in North-western Germany.  What made it fun was that the allies had a varied group of infantry units in black, blue, green, brown and grey uniforms,  These represented Brunswick, Kurfurst Hesse, and Austrian  units. But no infantry with white coats.

The opposing side had almost all white coated infantry units...Westpahlian and Dutch... and not or very few blue coated units.  It appealed to me, and I did most of the painting, and borrowed some Austrians ( from Peter and Roger) for the project.

In researching the campaign, I found a roster of the Austrian corps involved in the campaign. I have finally gotten to the point that finishing off the units in the corps is a project.  So, here are the Jagers, castings by the Perry bros.

About half of the unit, but you can see the uniform clearly.
There are 18 figures in the unit, they are mounted individually to play either in games of 'Chosen Men' or on movement trays for Piquet Grognards level games.  I mounted the figures on one inch (7/8) fender washers and they fit into the skirmish trays nicely

So I have Jagers and Chevaulegers and artiilery done. I have in the lead pile some Grenz and Hussars obtained at a flea market.  A regiment of Landwehr and perhaps one of line and the project can be recreated using just troops from my collection.

Comments

Gonsalvo said…
The Austrian Jager uniform always looks so modern! Nice work!

That was quite an unusual roster you had for that action in 2009, Joe. When everything is done, you should run it again for 2019!

Popular Posts