A few more Cossacks, Field Apothecary Wagon

Despite the lack of posts in May, progress is being made modelling and playing over the last three weeks.  First up, some 17th century OG Cossacks.




Not great but all three units shown.

There are several uses for such an esoteric unit. The obvious, using them for an East European based game, the handy use of either "Pikemans' Lament " or Piquet's "Anchor of Faith" will meet requirements there; or/and use as extra Cossack units in this year's campaign, utilizing either "Chosen Men" or "Les Grognard."

Also some re-basing (to include flocking) of the Bavarian infantry and artillery units. Not that they needed re-basing, except to conform to my unit layout.

See, a whole box full, such nice castings. Thanks, Roger!
Several other units are in the pipeline,  but I did want to share the Russian field hospital unit.  The two stands are from one pack in the Perry Miniature's line.
Such a cool piece of kit, I will show it twice.
OK, I did need two shots on the wagon, after all.

I have had the casualty party done for some time, but the medical wagon and the basing just recently came together.  I hope you like it.  Now my Russians can get the care available to them. 
With the recent shutdown due to the pandemic (yes, even here in the wilds of bear country) some of the extra time allowed me to research and even follow through on ordering a few figures to complete my "Chosen Men" project.  But more on that later.


Comments

Czar Barry said…
Nice! You can’t go wrong with Cossacks! I really like the apothecary wagon too - just keep the cossacks away from it. Nicely done.
pancerni said…
Now why would the Cossacks 'need' an apothecary wagon? I better assign an apothecary guard. Maybe a battalion of grenadiers.
Gonsalvo said…
More Cossacks - thought I was reading Barry's blog for a moment! :-)

The Russian Field Hospital is nice indeed - I suspect that's an Apothecary Wagon?

Popular Posts