December Already?

 Despite several recent food based diversions I am down to one horse to finish painting and flock before the Quatre Bras game.  The rider will represent the Belgian Cavalry General Merlen.  (The figure is actually of General Gihgny, from the Perry line.)

 The French forces are moving to be painted on time, and done nicely to boot! I visited the store on Sunday the twenty-eighth where five players were literally assembly lining the forces of the Empire. Assembly, painting and basing were all swiftly being accomplished at two banquet tables.

 The game turn schedule and arrivals were decided upon, a few details about the table top layout were finalized. I was heartened to see that my supply of roads, trees and streams was securely stored in anticipation of deployment on the four  6x4 gaming tables planned out. 

BTW,  the game will be on Twitch, starting roughly at 11 am East Coast US standard time. It should run approximately 4 to 5 hours playing time.  If you go to the Tabletop Games website the link to watch will be under the events section. I will put it in a post if it is available before the game. Hopefully I will remember to take some photos of the game. 

I hope to have index cards with the various commands completed for the game. Mostly at this point, the French forces are in need of this little piece of admin. 

Greg will most likely command Halkett,Pack and Kempf's brigades. Which means he is Picton for the day.  A player to be determined game day will lead the Hanoverian brigades of Best and Kielmansegge. The Dutch Belgian brigades will be run by yours truly, the Brunswickers by a player lacking a command as the units approach, and the British Guard brigades run by their owner Dan S.

I will post the details of the French units command in the AAR, unless I can get it sooner.

Phew, this was a much longer post than intended. 

Anyway, on with December!

Comments

Your QB game sounds massive. Four tables? That will be a pleasant sight to see.
pancerni said…
Yes, they think big at the store. Here's to me remembering to bring my phone, fully charged,with me Sunday!
rross said…
It sounds like this will be an epic and titanic event Joe - looking forward to seeing LOTS of photos - so remember your phone!
pancerni said…
I will task my wife to remind me!

Popular Posts