Micro interlude- the battlezone

 Well, I got one photo of the second micro armor learning exercise. Roger had been busy crafting and surprised us with the layout in GHQ hex terrain!


Map from Scenario, North German Plain

 


Table layout Dec 10 rules run through 

We utilized the farm hexes I made prior to the game. White squares denote FRG and BAOR forces. The Russians are just off the camera view, bottom of the sketch.

We set up and played he first two or three turns. More mechanics were walked through. Perhaps in January we can have a proper game of it. 


OoPs, just noticed this was the 300th post on the blog. I had deleted a few earlier, but this is #300 that stuck.

Comments

rross said…
You continue to make some progress with this project Joe. Hope to see a real battle real soon!
rross said…
I look forward to seeing a CWGH game report with lots of pics of your models sometime Joe!
pancerni said…
We are stumbling through the rules, and added a player to our regular group so the process is a little slow.

The models are being painted, most are owned by Roger, who has the Russian force base coated in dark green; he has gifted me about 40 BAOR vehicles which are primed a bluish grey and will be phased into MERDC I hope; the FRG are mostly Greg's and mostly painted.

I might just run some of the training through some blog entries....the rules are dense but are aimed at a realism level I enjoy.
Czar Barry said…
The nice thing about painting in this scale (especially camo like MERDC)is that at a distance of 3 feet you can't see the detail (at least I can't). So you don't have to worry about the fiddly things like rusty end connectors, center guides, the rubber on the idler and road wheels, etc. that you would with 15mm.
I look forward to seeing how this progresses.
pancerni said…
Yep, looks like smaller can be easier, in this case.

Popular Posts