Silver Bayonet, part 4

 Well, scenario 4 was a change, goblins being smaller than trolls, although pesky to hit as they make muskets fail.  Roger debuted his Bavarian Army Band, Greg introduced his French group and I finally had enough paint on my figures as to call them British rather than just primed. I have decided I am under gunned against my human opponents and will need to take steps to rectify this in future games.



Roger's Bavarian Army Band


 

 

Greg's French


 

 

Finally some paint on the British group

 



 

Goblin stand-ins, pumpkin headed folk 

The game was short and sweet, by turn 4 I'd had enough and wanted to hustle off the board to prevent excess casualties.

Same  time next (this) week

 

Comments

Matt Crump said…
A nice little looking skirmish👍 I think if I didn’t have so many rules and projects I might have picked up a copy of Silver Bayonet, perhaps another day
rross said…
Wow Joe - I blinked and missed about three posts in four days - lots going on in your neck of the woods, thats for sure! How are you finding Silver Bayonet as a game/ruleset?
pancerni said…
Matt, Thanks and if the subject interests you then it would be different than more historical games.

Keith, Yes I did rather a burst articles, although in fairness my buddy Roger is to blame, declaring war and all.
The rules for Silver Bayonet are interesting, the mechanics have a cute twist with the two tiered die rolling. Some monsters are hard to kill, the troops (castings) needed are reasonable in number and let you form as interesting a group as you want. I am not familiar with the Frostgrave rules but I have a suspicion there will be a supplement or two in the next year or so.
For straightforward skirmish games I still prefer Chosen Men but the horror additions are fun in Silver Bayonet.
I am however making some play aids for myself, the rules are the typical rambling sort you get with the cross genre themes. Not badly written, just tedious to an old timer with too many other rules sets in the Ole noodle to quickly find the rule in question quickly.
DeanM said…
The game and figures look great!
Tony Adams said…
Hi....Interesting jar of fluid in the first photo....some sort of lubricant ???? Regards.
pancerni said…
Tony,
That is Greg in the background with some cold tea. Shame, I have offered single malts but driving after evidently takes the spirit out of the occasion.

Popular Posts