April projects

 Well. Things are moving along.  My hobby time is starting to reappear with my wife's recovery moving forward ahead of schedule. 

 

The first Silver Bayonet scenario in April was played. A second scenario  ( number 3 ) is planned for Friday the 12th. 

 It's only a paper moon in a cardboard sky...actually a cardboard stockade hot glued to a corrugated base on a butcher paper ground cloth.  I spare no expense in time or money for terrain.

 

I was a late onlooker for a Saturday game set in the gnome verse  put on by Edgar at the Tabletop Games store.  What a difference a day makes. Edgar has searched the internet and Dollar Stores to out fit his terrain sets and painted an all gnome force.


Leprechaun cavalry,  down by the old shoe house.


Tree man not happy about the tank!


More silly armor, and a gnome in a Tam. In the distance,  Sikh gnomes on tigers?

I cannot attest to what happened in the game,  but the table was awesome. 

 
Trees, trees and buildings
 
 
  Rocky outcrops and giant mushrooms.

 The resplendently themed table!

 Gnomes in Pith helmets.
 
Needless to say, I am going to have to up my game . 

Speaking of the store,  there is to be a tournament ( complete with tilts) the last weekend in April. I think three Knights is a party. Hmmm, I think I have at least two. 

  I have lent some old jousting terrain to be useful if needed.  Should be colorful. 

And now for something completely different......

Since this is a catch up post. Here is the start of my WW2 Soviet air force.  Mig and Lagg fighters so far. Waiting on Pe2's and Sturmoviks to allow bombing scenario action for the Reds.

Lagg fighters, first lick of paint, half of my fledgling Red Airforce.

 

Early War Mig fighters. There were two color schemes on the box art/ I obviously chose the garish  option.


All together on a sweep for stray Luftwaffe machines.

Both sets are the Blood Red Skies 1/200th scale aircraft.  Watch the skies!


Comments

A lot of variety on the hobby front. Very good to see that your wife’s rehab is going well.
Neil Scott said…
That Gnome game looks great
pancerni said…
Neil,
The game just blew me away. I thought I had a full table shot, would have shown a good deal more.

Jonathan,
Coming off the recuperating phase, my wife's getting back to normal and enjoying it.
Hobbywise, the various projects continue. A bug one is coming up.
caveadsum1471 said…
Great looking gnome game, love the Sikh tiger riders! Lots of progress and nothing wrong with ad hoc terrain!
Best Iain caveadsum1471
DeanM said…
Great looking projects, and good to hear of your wife's recovery!
Gonsalvo said…
A very fine effort by Edgar; I think I gnome.
A "bug" project forthcomming, eh?!
Stew said…
congrats on your wife's recovery, and may it continue.
some good hobby stuff there. that Gnome game is suitably wacky.😁
Ben Cato said…
Any terrain is better than no terrain. A quick and easy setup like that can give you ideas of what works and what doesn't.

The gnome game is fantastically set up! Super impressive.
It would have been a lot of fun.

Glad your wife is getting better faster than expected.
Inquisitor said…
Joe- glad to hear your missus is recovering well.
Your planes are coming along well.
Thanks for sharing my game’s pics.
And thank you to your followers for the kind words.
Matt Crump said…
Lots going on to keep you busy….i’ll skip the gnomes but love the airplanes 👍
rross said…
Great news about your wife, Joe! Thr gnomes do look very colorful, the scenery is beautiful!
Neil Patterson said…
Joe,
Glad to see you're getting some hobby time; it's a much needed and therapeutic antidote to real life.....
Neil
Aly Morrison said…
Good to hear that your wife is now on the mend Joe…
That gnome game looked suitably bonkers…

All the best. Aly
pancerni said…
Thanks again for all of your support of our recovery process, Pat is very much looking forward to completing the PT and enjoying her new hip.

Back to hobby reports and unfinished business.

Popular Posts