Pillage , Pumpkin Tripod Towers, planned September games

A  start to expanding my Pillage forces. A note, they already have a commander,  my youngest granddaughter,  who now has a game under her belt.


I now have an Pillage force,  a Viking band .  Of course they will need reinforcements. 

Three archers, for a start. I figure ranged fire and cheap
 as one small group.





Three archers, out on the town.   

Well, I plotted out a Saga force and then did a dive into Pillage's system.  My carefully reasoned lists are backfielded. For Saga, I 
I twsted The components for an Arab to look Seljuk. 
For Pillage I have the small Viking force with an Islamic force in process. 


My wife went out on a shopping expedition,  returning home with these.






Obviously a pumpkin version of the Martian Tripod formation. 16 inches tall Pumpkins. 

Now a backstory, coupled with rules  to govern will be 
are going to be presented as they are ready . I see the whole  class as transports  rather than food.

Other types of games coming up will be a Black Powder  game with four brigades on a side, set in Napoleonic period with an  a historic  situation.  The game will be done at the Tabletop Games store on the second Friday in September.


A small game of BattleTech Alpha strike was played,  Greg initiated the Scouring Sands campaign with a nice result 

There are definitely some very interesting topics on the burner. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

 




Official business commander's chair.



Pumpkin version of Tripod Configuration. 

Comments

Gonsalvo said…
Looks like the Sasquash is about! :-)
caveadsum1471 said…
I thought archers were expensive in pillage? Shows what I know, maybe it was because I was playing Picts? Good to hear your grandaughter has started playing!
Best Iain
James Fisher said…
Can you take something for your pumpkin obsession? A piece of pumpkin pie, perhaps?!
rross said…
Nice looking archers Joe and the Napoleonic battle sounds like it should be a good one. Nice to have a new opponent in the family - how old is your grand daughter?
pancerni said…
I believe the archeries are different by faction the picts re the most expensive there is a group that only pays 10 gold pieces for bow in the original book. My Grand daughter was surprised at how much fun she had.
pancerni said…
Shhhh...the Great Pumpkin will hear you! My My patch is earnest, sincere even.
pancerni said…
Keith, thanks for the kind words for the archer figures. I am looking forward to the battles, delayed to a lot of players having a series of unfortunate events. My Grand daughter is 18, just off to her first semester of college; she's going to be busy for the semester. Her older sister has been in Chosen Men games with her; this year may have them both over the semester bteak. Could happen!
Ray Rousell said…
Cool looking archers Joe! Love the shiny Pumpkins too!
pancerni said…
Been looking forward to some Dark Ages troops, they are fun. BTW, there's more to thier 'story' coming soon.

Popular Posts