Bombers, Bombers, Bombers

 B17, B24.

All these multiple engine flying machines deserve significant bases for the game days. Also, the models were not provided with bases as they were printed. 

 

 
B-17, one of three types of bomber on raid.

 


B17 and B24 primed and or base coated

Litko's 2.5 inch hexagonal bases with two inch flight pegs are what I settled on using.  I think these will provide the proper stability and cool factor.. The bases are made from transparent acrylic material and I think I will leave them unadorned. 

 

 

   Just need the spinners now. Someday I will decide on a unit,

 paint the undersides and unit markings.

 

The fighter bases are smaller and will help identify fighters from the bombers. and in the rules can show the relative position of the aircraft. They are the ones provided in the game. 



In all, seven bombers with 4 engines, ten fighters. Lots of spinners. 
Not shown, P40's and B-26's.





 
                                         

B17's  and P47's in front. P38's midframe. I must get a P47 color scheme finalized and some decals




B24's in second box, behind P38's. 

BTW, hard to find but definitely worth sourcing is the glue specifically for acrylics.  Craftics  #33 glue.

And now for something completely different. The butterfly is alive and well.

 
Playing with fast paints for fire effect.

Comments

Neil Scott said…
That's quite a collection of aircraft
pancerni said…
I do admit, it has been a dash with these. Between Christmas, a discount and a lot of free printed heavy bombers, a mid war USAAF force have popped into being. There is rumored plans of another allied force as well as USN based forced in the future.
The bomber force is a simple way to get a bunch of players on the table and introduced to some of the rules.
Masters of the Skies and 12 o'clock High inspire the project.
Eventually the decals and aircraft markings will be made on these units.
pancerni said…
Did I mention my local opposition has Luftwaffe and IJN assests?
rross said…
These look really cool Joe, I will be interested to see how you game with them, as aerial wargaming has never really done a lot for me, even though the anesthetics are great 👍
pancerni said…
I will see what I can come up with!
Gonsalvo said…
Great looking planes Joe.
What on God's Green Earth (or elsewhere!) is the last item?! :-)
pancerni said…
Oh, the flying flame head? Suitable for any horror based game.
DeanM said…
Great looking collection of aircraft models!
caveadsum1471 said…
Excellent looking collection of aircraft, rapidly mustered and good looking flame effect! So are you painting Napoleonic Austrians at the same time? You're really busy!
Best Iain
pancerni said…
Dean, Thank you, it does start to look like a collection, eh?

Iain, the planes are fun and fast to complete---although my lack of decals is damning. The flames effect is one I am happy with and continues in a future post.
My Austrians are a w.i.p., not nearly as ready as your magnificent white horde.

Popular Posts