July already!? Existential questions , maybe.

July the first:

I am definitely behind on posting, but at the same time too many non hobby projects and events have taken over available time to have much to report about here about trains and boats and planes....as well as tanks and brigades of standard-flying Horse and Musket era troops.

So what in hobby land should I looking at ?  I am not going to Historicon,but am going to the beach.  We have just rotated to a new month so my 'Friday' group should be looking at a new game system , but is this useful when we plan to do a one off game this Friday and the next week at least one of us is not around?

 July the Fourth:

Having written the previous passage days ago, I regrouped my thoughts and including some new booklets.....

I have several small projects being documented in the land of drafts.  I will eventually be able to publish them and then, mightily bored you'll be.

 I do not think I will match last year's post count, but hope to put some interesting thoughts in the next few months. 

First off, three booklets are recently in and semi digested that are running neck and neck for attention. Silver Bayonet has the Egyptian book out....Frostgrave ha a new title in Mortal Enemies and finally Stargrave has a solo play scenario book  called DEAD or ALIVE . All of the three structure a plethora of choice in skirmish games through year end.

 

 Really a good supplement.

 

Also the Cactus and Russian 1/200th planes are getting near completion for the initial games.  

Shortly coming to completion is painting of some tentage and stacked goods for AD1666. I may want to re introduce you to the factions,  painted this time. We do have a game of this scheduled for late July.

And a battle report in our moribund Imagination campaign. Dahara has over 20 units attacking just under 20 Fuddland units in a strong position. As soon as the photos are in anda report is given, I will present the affairs of that day.

Comments

Matt Crump said…
Stargrave looks really interesting but I really don’t have space for any more skirmish games 🤔
pancerni said…

Matt,
I find little extra space is needed except for spaceport terrain, which I grant is s[specific to period. I am happily recycling a lot of scatter terrain, lichen, outcroppings. My crews are repurposed 40k and Necromunda figures, and so little space is needed.
I will add a label for Stargrave reports so yo can look over a body of games in our upcoming campaign.

Popular Posts