July, g'bye

Proof of life: AD1666 and Mansions of Madness games in July
 

It turned out to be a slow month for wargaming projects, but fun in other areas-but that is the way hobby time is gained or lost. 

Not to navel gaze at length, but I have noticed a lot of bloggers have reported a drop off in painting , organizing or planning in the last three months. These observations coincide with the return of ftf gaming.

As much as I admire those setting up remote games,  I think FtF is still awfully important to the hobby.

Our " Friday old Guy "  (FoG of War) group played thrice, missed out twice on our Friday sessions; I did pick up a Sunday afternoon shellacking from my oldest grand-daughter. So I am only out one game for the month.  August already is half spoken for on the Friday spots,  a Sunday (8/22) game at a FLNGS means probably 5 games!

My organizing efforts took a hit (literally) when two 'really usefull' boxes full of Swedes tipped off the game table and down 34" to land on the basement floor.  Recuperative work on bayonet straightening, rebasing, flag remounting took the place of a terrain project and some units are less in the w.i.p. pipeline.  Oh well, bigger, faster, stronger in the end.

Painting has several units in but no units out of the cue as the flipping troops made me rethink the order I am painting some units. Next butterfly moment, please.

Finally, I did some uploading and some moving from posts to page for the Swedish Army, mostly circa  1813-1815.  It is an army harder than some to research but very rewarding to model.  You will see remounted & flocked units only....I may continue on posts to show unfinished basing but plan to show the units when fully done on such pages.  If this set up proves useful, I can set up pages for the Waterloo Campaign's allies armies and perhaps some colonials.



Comments

F2F gaming is important, for sure, but remote gaming has opened up a whole new world for me. I hope it does not fall away as F2F takes center stage.
rross said…
OUCH - that 34 inch fall would have hurts - hope the Swedes did not take to hard a bashing!
pancerni said…
One bayonet lost, on a 1980 era minifig, everything else 'rebent.' There was a moment of oh, geese there.
pancerni said…
My guess is it will supplement remote friends gaming or even fill in during bad weather. Nothing I'd enjoy more during a blizzard here than a good game set in the heat! It may take me 5 or 6 years to gather gear and know how, is all.
Gonsalvo said…
Yes, ouch indeed on the Swedish Fall!
pancerni said…
Reminded me to clean off my game table more often.

Popular Posts