Vacation in Cape Cod

 We are back home and have a few things that will keep us busy this week.  So in lieu of a lot of painted soldiers I can at least show you this season's photos.

First up, arriving the Cape by going over the Bourne Bridge.  

  

Sort of a ritual, cross over the canal, send a photo. As you can see, this is not the Sagamore Bridge!

 

  The sunsets were disappointing to photograph, a bit more clouds in the wrong places.

  This is Marconi Beach, it has suffered major erosion from storms in the last few years. Most ocean side beaches are getting reshaped my storms .


  Unfortunately, the population of sharks has increased since I started coming as a teenager.Yes, sharks have been around as long as I have.

 

After a week of sand, rain and sunshine, we made our way -almost home- to Mystic, CT.  Home of Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Harbor and of course Mystic Pizza. Two days allowed more unwinding and bridge watching


Yes, downtown Mystic boasts a drawbridge, sporting the latest in technology.  Bridge is up.


  Still up, wait for it.

There, the roadway is down. The other clue is the pair of enormous counterweights

  Once more, go counterweights!
 
  Part plant part tables, the Tree House grill is where my wife wanted to lunch, so

Missing is the view to the parking lot.

We got home Friday, so no Friday game. But I did get in some Bolt Action with Greg on Saturday, my IJA ambushing his Chindits.

   You can see how hot my dice were, they stayed at that level for the game. So a good week.
 
I expect to show a new unit of Austrian line, some tentage from Rendera, possibly some ideas for the Blitz on Lilliput .   And an AAR if Friday turns out to be an AD1666 game.



Comments

Lawrence H said…
That looks like a nice break, followed by some good luck in Bolt Action. A good week indeed.
rross said…
Seems like you had a good break at the seaside Joe but I would NOT be getting in the water with those signs around - I have never fully recovered from the Jaws movie in the Seventies!
caveadsum1471 said…
Nice collection of bridges and good looking bolt action game!
Best Iain
Matt Crump said…
Nice to see the bridges I will sharing a few myself soon. We visited the Cape some years ago but only for a couple of days. Luckily I didn’t see the shark sign before I went in the sea !
pancerni said…
Lawrence, I got real lucky in my Bolt Action game. A light and a medium mortar both stuck on 5's or 6's and rolled mostly 4+ for hits.

Keith, The week waas nice, we noted that we've managed to watch Jaws at least 6 of the last 8 years when at the Cape. I remember both "Jaws" and "The Exorcist" as new in the theater experiences that people talked about for years after they saw them.

Iain, one to one scale the bridges are impressive, eh? The Bolt Action game was fun, but not enough trees are at the store so I brought some inprocess aquarium plants to be trees for color.

Matt, A day or a week at the Cape is fun. Our favorite summer haunt. Unfortunately the seals have increased in the last 20 years, leading to sharks following the main food and occasionally munching on us.

One does stay closer to shore and become more observant than the 'good old days' which actually were the 1970's.

Popular Posts