roll up report on Liiliput planning

 So, I have to build a lot of transportation and support stands for the 1939 Polish Army to flesh out my imagination campaign Roi-Tann  force.

Seems I am spoiled for choice,there are a lot of good options.  Here are a few available

First to Fight.  A company from Poland that offers a complete line of 1/72 scale kits that cover the 1939 campaign.  Likely pickups will be their artillery tractors and trucks.  They also make a set of horse drawn artillery limbers. Trucks include three varieties, Protze, Fiat and Ursa.

Early War Miniatures has an extensive list of limbers for anti tank, artillery and an taczanka style MMG cart.

Scibor makes some resin passengers, crew, officer figures in resin, 1/72 scale  which would appear to complement the First to Fight vehicles.

Now that I know where to go I need to decide what, or actually how many of each. I plan on recreating the three types of unit--cavalry,infantry and mechanized.  Trucks, tractors (tracked) and horse drawn gear will be needed.  On to the tables of organization. 

.......Just uncovered some of my long unfinished  collection,  including 4 Ursa trucks by BP Casts, a staff car from Figures,Arms and Artillery , and some limbers from Lyzard's Grin. Ah, the joys of pre internet shopping. 

Here they are,  some even primed. Destined mostly to the 10th Mechanised units. Now where is that super glue?

 




 

 

Comments

rross said…
Excellent, Joe, I look forward to seeing some of the rediscovered treasure trove painted and on the table! As for First to Fight - I can recommend them - I got three (I think PzKfw I and II's for my 20mm SCW project from them and was not disappointed - great little kits bit good for wargamers as they only have a few parts 10-20 I would think.
pancerni said…
Thank you, timely advice as we just discovered a dearth of local Pzk 1 and 2's compared to those needed for the project.
Stew said…
Fun to find stuff that you forgot you had. 😀
pancerni said…
Stew,
Especially before you order replacements!
DeanM said…
Great rediscovery,and sounds like an interesting new project, Joe.
pancerni said…
Dean,
Best part, I found more stuff! Useful for my 1939 Poles, no less!

Popular Posts