Large scale raids with bombers---- starting to plan

Yes, only 2 ....more coming....

  I know it is stretching  some of the assumptions for the rules, but we will probably have a game or two with four B24 airplanes on a bombing run.

I mean, honestly, with a supply of at least 4 of the air frames in 1/200th scale I feel it would make for an excellent game. New units were raised to use for play testing. 

Roger's Luftwaffe units could get a workout.  Or a series of actions around Rabual and Henderson fields.

 With three B26's also in command, a major raid could be an epic style game. Now to decide on paint schemes, units to be depicted, decals or nose art to suggest, actual scenery to build.

This may be the excuse to model the targets of the various missions, the bridges, airfields, bases, convoys.

What a set of rabbit holes!

Comments

Matt Crump said…
Nice models and certainly if you have them they need to get out for a game 👍
rross said…
Very nice-looking models Joe. Aerial (and naval) warfare isn't really my thing, apart from the occasional game of Wings of Glory which I see as (in the vernacular) a "beer and pretzels" style of game!
pancerni said…
Keith, BRS is very beer & pretzel in mechanics, but oh so much optional chrome! The few lines you have seen so far on the blog barely scratch the surface.
We can see blending in tactical support for our WW2 games, naval and land. One session to determine success or failure in the air, then the effect on the " ground game."
I have not played Wings of Glory, so I don't know if it includes these options.
Lawrence H said…
These models look great, and a bombing run game sounds like it would be fun. I bought some German, US and RAF bombers for Wings of Glory, but they have yet to see a game.
pancerni said…
Lawrence,
It is hard to solo certain situations, dog fights in the air certainly fit the bill. In this rules set I am lucky in that 2 of my regular play pals were at least as ready to try this (BRS) as me.

Maybe we should try the remote option for things which we cannot get local games?
Gonsalvo said…
Those B 24's are, well, the BOMB, Joe!

Popular Posts