The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

Well, we have dipped our toes into the 'Blood & Plunder' game system, with Greg being the lead from last year.  The first go round had Greg take a Spanish & Indian forces to my English defenders.

The peaceful village. Beach to the right of frame.

All I had to do was hold the village.  My cunnin' plan was to hold most of the buildings, receive a cover save and blast his units. The problem was hitting his units at all.
There are several categories of infantry, some shoot better, some melee better, some are cheap.
 
 English militia and freebooter units face down the Spanish sailors.

Spanish fleet. Luckily we were concentrating on land rules, so more like 'things to come.

Each unit gets a card listing stats and special rules.

We played a two player ( Greg won.) A few weeks later, all three of us played. this time I was victorious over   Roger & Greg.  My units had learnt how to shoot and more importantly, hit!

 
We played twice in October and November.  Roll high if, like me, you were depending on firepower.  Also, watch out for Indians with bows.

Overall an easy game to pick up the mechanics with the unit cards having at least 80% of what you need. Good production value as well.

Comments

Czar Barry said…
Looks fun. That’s a nice little flotilla you have there.
pancerni said…
All the craft in the photo are Greg's. I have a couple rowboats-not as grand as yours, as well as a junk. They will show up later.
Czar Barry said…
Hmmmm. Greg’s craft? I may need to beef up the Fuddland Riverine Force. Or consider mining the Rivers (Assuming I already haven’t done so).
pancerni said…
Gunpowder barrels in the stream?
Gonsalvo said…
Looks good, Joe!
Barrel riders, Barry?!

Popular Posts