Historical, only!

 The title is for one of the regular readers.  Did want to assuage any fear of that silliness!


On the desk, almost complete are two Laffly trucks from Warlord.  They are in a dark yellow (vallejo) as they are tagged for the Middle East/ early desert period.  They will fight everyone ..Germans, British, Italians and US. They really get around!

I am in a league where every two weeks the force size increases, usually by 250 point.  The next set of games should be at 750 points  I have several smallish squads of FFL and some Senagalese Tireullairs and the trucks and weapons should get me to the next level.


Also representing the Vichy will be an FO and some crew served machine guns.





Comments

Nice! What size are the trucks? 15 mm?
Lawrence H said…
Nice work and it will be great to see them when they get into action.
pancerni said…
Trucks are 28mm Warlod castings. Resin & metal.
pancerni said…
Lawrence....if I just remember to take photos!
rross said…
The French are a good choice for maximising games, Joe. As you say, they can basically fight everyone else 1940-42! The trucks and troops look very nice.
daveb said…
What rule set are you using in the escalation league?
pancerni said…
Dave, they are using Bolt Action for the rules. The local store is new to historicals and is using what is familiar.

Keith, the figures are from Perry Mins, so I start out pretty good! I did not realize until after I ordered and received the figures how many places hey show up, and against the Germans, Italians, British, and US. And then alongside the British and US. I have the Tanake and the truck mounted 75 in the queue. Thanks for the kind words...I do see I need to fix a base!
Tony Adams said…
Very nice looking trucks..don't forget the photos of them in action please. Regards
Tony Adams said…
Very nice looking trucks. Please don't forget the action photos. Regards
Stew said…
Escalation leagues are a lot of fun and a good motivator for painting miniatures. 😀
caveadsum1471 said…
Great looking French, for economy, you could look at wargames factory French, I just got some of their Napoleonics, thought they were pretty good, especially for the price!
Best Iain
pancerni said…
Ian, thanks for the Wargames Factory heads up. I have a bunch in the pipeline, but I will look if I need more.

Popular Posts