Mustering of the troops; I.R. Terzi

Work progresses on my newest foray, units of the Austrian Army of the Napoleonic era. Joining my unit of Jagers, Grenze battalions and cavalry is the first of my Plastic Perry boxed Austrian line units. A couple of posts back I mentioned a large (for me) lot of Austrians procured-this is the first painted installment, two line battalions of 18. 



The battalions are receiving colors under the eye of an officer (from the Alps in Flames kickstarter, by Piano Miniatures).  The march had been so quick that no moss has collected on the stands. 


In the imagination campaign, these two  battalions and other to be painted represent the increase of Ostreich as a military force.

Comments

Great start to the first of many Austrian line battalions.
Ray Rousell said…
And how wonderful look too! Keep 'em coming Joe!
pancerni said…
Jonathan, Ray, thanks for the kind words. Yes, lots more to come.
Stew said…
Looks like a good start. I hear painting Austrians is like eating potato chips (can’t stop with just a few). 😀
DeanM said…
Great looking Austrians! Looking forward to seeing more of the growing army.
rross said…
The Perry plastics ate great figures Joe! My Austrians all predate their availability and are mostly Sash and Sabre or Old Glory.
pancerni said…
Stew, Dean, yes there are more to come. The cycle of build, prime,paint will go on for quite a while now.
Keith, lovely figures those are as well. I have some Sash and Saber Austrian forces that are parading disguised as 1809 Hesse Kassel troops; a project that may be revisited to use some of the plastic kits.
Gonsalvo said…
Good one, Stew!
Your new Kaiserlicks lokk great, Joe. I rather enjoy painting Austrians - the line infantry uniform is fairly simple, but you get to use all those wonderful facing colors!
pancerni said…
Peter, yes I know you have painted a few Austrian units in you day. I hope you enjoy my take on them. There will be some Landwehr and Grenadiers, I already have the Grenz and Jager units covered.
caveadsum1471 said…
Splendid looking Austrians! It's a great set as you don't have to do too much!
Best Iain
pancerni said…
Iain,
true, the head goes on and we are ready for painting. I intend to mount the backpack and bedroll piece on a double sided tape to prime, the batch paint the packs in 50 pack before troop 'issue' painting.

Joe

Popular Posts