Battle for Germany -preview of coming attraction

 Back a few months ago several  7 days to the River Rhine and GHQ Micro Armor Moderns games showed at one point a map of Northern Germany and southern Jutland.  It had national boundaries, rivers and roads and little else.  I have since replaced the use of that map with one more detailed. 

 

  The map is a 12 kilometer to the hex beast of a map--divided into North and South sectors.  Showing is only the top map of the Northtag theater.

The fact that the map is accompanied by a detailed system for the operational  level air war, and a system for supply and logistics  is a plus.  Compass Games has a winner here, at least for me. 


 

It is a long way from a quick sweep through the rules and actually commanding the units involved. 

  




   Did I mention the counters were cool?


   I am going to try and dragoon (recruit) an ex 70's USAREUR member to play a couple intro games and report back.

 

 I will do a review for this game as well.  I am so looking forward to all this gaming activity this summer!

Comments

Czar Barry said…
This looks fun! It might be worth buying just for the map and air/logistics rules. I can't wait to see the game review.
pancerni said…
Quite what I thought. The air warfare is fascinating to me and certainly will result into one side getting help for the battlefield in lots of 'subtle ' ways. The logistics are really thought out, replacements, Reforger, new units.
DeanM said…
Looks a like nice and detailed game, Joe. Hope your USAREUR buddy gets into the game with you.
pancerni said…
I think he will. He is part of the Friday old guys team.
caveadsum1471 said…
Great looking and really useful map !
Best Iain
pancerni said…
Iain, so many uses for the map come to mind!

Popular Posts