Trying to stick to plan, for now.

 Recent arrivals and anticipated delivery of a long delayed Kickstart project dominate this month. 

First up, 500 years ago:

    

By GMT Games

 

I have followed progress of a couple games of "Here I Stand" on the blog.  

http://onesidedminiaturewargamingdiscourse.blogspot.com/2023/03/here-i-stand.html

  .       

A high level-each player a monarch- game set in the period of the Reformation, the turn by turn play intrigued me. I finally bit and ordered a copy.  I received what I can only say exceeded my expectations.  I am trying to wrap my head around the rules and scenarios,  but the  components are truly first class.  

  The map, big, well thought out,loads of color.

  Detail of a great game mechanic!


 Loads of counters, some even represent army units!

So much so, the mechanics of this game are rekindling some interest in tinkering with some rules sets for the imagination campaign.  

Next up Doomsday Games:  "The Battle for Germany"

Second game I have purchased is a product related to the Cold War conflict toyed with in last year's adventures using  micro armor and 20mm "7 Days to the Rhine" games.  "The Battle for Germany" is a monster game running from the Danish border to nearly the Alps.

  Again,  the first impression on opening the box was 'wow' this is cool.  I will have component shots in an upcoming post.

Several scenarios are included,  hopefully to provide manageable game backgrounds for table games.

And finally,  final stretch of AD1666 anticipation:

Evidently shipped and enroute,  the Swords Light and Darkness  expansion should make an appearance by month end. Not that we have exhausted the game's potential but the new rules and depth of options for play are intriguing. 

So, a Frostgrave game, a run at the recent small actions of raiding in the imagination campaign and perhaps a look at the Galactic Knights background,  yeah, 3 games for three Fridays.  

So many games, so  little time.

Comments

rross said…
The Here I Stand game does look very well put together Joe. Look forward to seeing the Cold War Gone Hot game, plus the bpnew AD1666 stuff in an upcoming post, too.
pancerni said…
Keith, the production value is definitely first rate, the rules certainly are a mix of a clever framework for core activities and suitable to period chrome. There is a two player scenario which I will try as a learning process.

The several charts to determine outcomes of single issues are also great examples to emulate in the very free form campaign I am running right now.
“Here I Stand” looks especially interesting to me.
Matt Crump said…
Lots going on ………and yes sometimes it feels like so little time 🤔
pancerni said…
Matt, little time, in a good way, of course!

Jonathan, that's how it started with me. I read through a play by play of a partial turn. I shall revisit the game in an upcoming post...was there anything in particular you are wondering about?
Lawrence H said…
A very attractive game Joe. I like the look of it.

Popular Posts