Saturday store trip and recon, a mid October report.

 Spending time with friends,  catching up on the imagination of others, playing a new game.  Priceless,  as the commercial says. 

I packed up my Bolt Action gear, and the rules for Blood Red Skies as well as the fresh painted P-38s. 

Spent a good deal of two hours talking to Edgar, part of whose magnificent gnome armies are shown below. 







The photos are a teaser for an upcoming battle we will surely stage later in the year.

 Met Kevin and Paul and Ethan who will return for a Bolt Action game another day.  Looking forward to that. 

Wrapped up the afternoon with Greg H., one of the Friday group. walking through a game of Blood Red Skies , his Zeros straight out of the box going head to head with my P-38s.  Sadly, no photos as the time was short until my departure, and anyways, all four eyeballs were on the table or the rulebook. 

In substitution, here is a P -47 model photo. Straight out of the box.


Oh yes, I admired one of Edgar's officer figures, a casting from Eureka mini's.  


He now resides at my house. Thanks Edgar!



Comments

Ray Rousell said…
I do like the gnome witch figure, it reminds me of a programme I used to watch as a kid, Chorlton and the Wheelies, it had a with in it called Fenella!
Is it Edgar of the figure that has moved in with you?
caveadsum1471 said…
Lovely looking gnome army, bolt action and blood red skies? Sounds like fun!
Best Iain
Quantrilltoy said…
The 'will points' concept is a clever idea. In my own games we just have 12 set campaign moves and then we roll a dice to see if it continues, just like in the tabletop versions. Currently we are on map move 14 which translates into yet another siege.
DeanM said…
Nice catching up with gaming buddies, and a great gift too. Good to hear folks still like Bolt Action in your parts. Seems most folks around here rather play Chain of Command.
pancerni said…
Ray, the gnomes make me smile as well. The tv show sounds like it was fun.

Jonathan, The figure, not the artist. Guess I go back to grammar lessons.

Iain, It was a nice day out.

pancerni said…
Quantrilltoy,

So that is how your system keeps track! I have wondered about the number of sieges for the period I have followed your blog.

I like the national will point idea as well...our players are all so familiar to each other (and stubborn) the end game would be as a convention of Black Knights stumping around claiming 'it's only a flesh wound' Pythonesque style.
rross said…
Sounds like a very well spent day Joe!
Inquisitor said…
It was good catching up with you and Greg as well. Glad I didn’t keep you from actually getting a game in.
Jonathan, I tried to move in with Joe, but I guess I eat too much so he said no. 😃

Popular Posts