October, new rules and dealing with the effects of weather

 I have been considering Blood Red Skies as a easy to play WW2 era air game.  Picked up the Airstrike book and a package of Soviet bombers.


Due to some rather heavy rain around here, I had to clean up a part of the basement and toss a bunch of magazines, cardboard terrain, rules books. Nothing that I had not gotten some use from, and a few  resin or plastic pieces need a wash and maybe some new stands. 


Regular painting has been light but some WW2 trucks have been painted and/or repaired.  


  Repairs to the BA 1/56th Lafflys put them back in the game.

  Polish Ursus in 20mm destined for Command Decision glory.


Comments

Really a shame to lose rulebooks, terrain, and mags to a flood. Hope most can be replaced without too much bother.
Lawrence H said…
I'll be very interested in your comments on the rules Joe. I have heard a lot about Blood Red Skies, but have never actually seen a game played out.
caveadsum1471 said…
Good looking transport, I remember a flood when I had my gaming kit in our pre tanked basement, everything was in plastic boxes but my pipe cleaner trees rusted anyway!
Best Iain
El Grego said…
Sorry to see that bit about real-life weather effects; would be nice if that was an optional rule.
Ray Rousell said…
Must have been a lot of rain? Hopefully the stuff you lost is replacable?
pancerni said…
Bad weather is a problem that occasionally impacts gaming. I have lost smaller amounts of gear, mostly paper based. I don't intend on replacing most of the magazines or rules.

I do plan on keeping all my present rules/games in my study---the second floor. So Blood Red Skies and Command Decision will live next to Burrows and Badgers as well as Blitzkrieg and Red Star- White Eagle.
More later.

Lawrence,I will see what I can do on mechanics of B.R.S.
pancerni said…
Ray,
Something like 2 inches per day for three days out of four.

Normal rainfall annually is 40 to 44 inches.
Gonsalvo said…
We have had minor water in the basement several times this very rainy summer, especially last week. With mot materials at least an inch off the floor, a few items I had gotten careless with suffered some minor water damage, all paper products, as in your case.

Popular Posts