1813 Swedish Amry, Brigade (Box) 3

 Well, out of order but having more troops done, albeit from the 1980's. 

 

Commanded by Major General Brandstroem


He really is a different figure, I bought 6, one for each brigade.

 

The Brigade consists of three regiments, each of two battalions:

First up, West Gotha  (Vastgotha) Infantry Regiment.. again,  some venerable Minifigs.

Resplendent in the white coats, a second battalion to come. Even has a standard mounted.

Westmanland I.R., there will be another battalion, ....and flags!

I will go back and apply wash to the flesh...oversight from some juggling units on the paint table last fall.

The Narike Varmland.  Soon another battalion  will join.

Love the buff pants.

For the  Narike and  Westgotha regiments I will leave the units at 24 and add a unit of 18 to each using some Perry  sculpts. Since there are no unpainted minifigs in the unpainted pile, visually it makes the most sense to me.  The Wesgotha unit will be using the firing figures and will pair nicely, I feel. The Narike will sport the buff pants of course. The Westmanland  I.R. will get a second  battalion, and some standards.





 

Comments

Ray Rousell said…
Great looking troops!
James Fisher said…
As Ray said, looking great Joe. The wonderful thing about figures is that they don't go off, so we can always get back to them in time!
Regards James
Phil said…
Nice job, I do like the West Gotha regiment...
pancerni said…
Thanks Ray, been drooling at your Ottomans, when I get back to mine I have inspiration.
pancerni said…
James, exactly what I always thought. The hobby treats us to something more than a high score. Thanks for the kind words.
pancerni said…
Thanks, they are one of my favorites as well. A break from the blue and grey coats!
pancerni said…
As I plow through the boxes (brigades) I am doing a bit of re-grassing bases and adding standards. I think when I am done with the upgrades, a thread in the imagination campaign is warranted.
pancerni said…
Aw shucks, thanks!

Popular Posts