New Project

 I got a call the week before last, my friend Roger was not coming for the Friday pm game. Seems he lost an argument with  his chainsaw.  Mostly stitches  in the meatier part of his hand, he was in pain but not suffering any permanent damage. Later Friday his wife dropped off something from him. We'd been talking about this era for a while. 



Let me start the exposition by stating all three of our Friday group are within three years of each other,  and Roger and I were in the FRG in the mid 1970's.  Greg is from the era, brings a keen eye for the games set in the time frame.  Looks like the emphasis will be on the late '70's to early '80's.


Roger and Greg picked this as a project, and I have been a willing late to the party member.  I will run a review on the rules in a month or so, after we play a couple of the games.

Comments

An unruly chainsaw is not an opponent with which I wish to tangle.

New project? I love it!
rross said…
I agree with Jon - I have only used a chain saw a couple of times and will be happy if I dont have to do so again - bloody hard work to be honest! Is this a board game or will you be using micro armour models - 1/300 or something similar? I assume the latter by your comment about a rules review but I may be mistaken....
pancerni said…
Chainsaws do well what they were made for as a tool. Dangerous, but effective. One of the few times I have seen this particular fellow slow down.
pancerni said…
I also have a high regard for my chainsaw, which is scheduled for use later this week.

The rules are for use with micro-armor;the publisher is GHQ, the 'big' micro armor brand here in the states. The ground scale is an inch to 100 meters, a klick would be 10 inches.

I have a lot of Rocco items and Soviet armor in 1/76-1/72d scale; another possibility is to redo ranges and movement numbers to use toys in the "20mm" realm. Early days on the project.

Popular Posts