And the holidays start.

 Hello ...it looks like we are going to have some old games to put on the shelf. I just ordered copies of Blitzkrieg ,Wooden Ships and Iron Men, and Flat Top. These are all games I've had in the past and had lost due to water damage. A recent trade with Noble night games help me get to where I felt comfortable ordering these. There are also some micro armor packs for my modern Europe gaming coming in the order.

I am excited to use WS&IM and Flat Top as  published  the product was great. Blitzkrieg  will be the basis of a fictional continent and conflicts set in the 1920's to World War II.  I will share what happens in the games, as well as our normal shenanigans.  

I am not making headway painting but should have something to show soon.  Several plastic regiments are built/building so not much forward progress but great potential.

 Maybe I should get my Black Powder fleets ready.

Photos later  then!

Comments

Both WS&IM and Flat Top are classics. Never had Blitzkrieg. Enjoy!
rross said…
In amongst your "to do" list Joe....still waiting for an AAR on your recent Frosgrave experiences!
pancerni said…
Keith, We have been embarrassed by riches in that we've decided on Frostgrave and Stargrave and Silver Bayonet right when we've suffered from vacancies in our line up to play our regular Friday games. I will substitute some backstory until I get some proper games (with photos) to share.

Jonathan, I will show what Blitzkreig looks like when I get it then. A definite trio of classics and I am in anticipation for them to arrive. I might even have them by Thanksgiving!

WS&IM will help with the Black Seas inspired wave of enthusiasm for all things nautical around here. It will provide some scenario ideas somewhere between single ship versus Trafalgar.

Flat Top will also help with a PT Boat campaign I have back burnered for years now.
Lawrence H said…
You seem to be lining up quite a variety of projects Joe. I'll look forward to the progress reports in due course.
Gonsalvo said…
Jon, you never had the old AH game, Blitzkrieg? I still have my copy. It's always looked designed for a miniatures campaign!

WSIM I don't have, and never did, but have the miniatures rules it derived from, "Ship o' the Line". Good set.

Although the slip can be forgiven and easily understood, "Black Seas" is the set you are referring to, I believe. I have a number of sets of Age of Sail naval rules to try out, including these. I need to retire! :-)
Matt Crump said…
Not aware of those games but look forward to seeing them in action 👍
pancerni said…
Matt, I will try to slip them into the rotation soon.

Peter, re: Blitzkreig... would you have the old S&T article where they named the minor countries? I remember Nord and South Walkure, Centralia, but the eastern minor countries? The map is just crying out for a psuedo '30's game.
Gonsalvo said…
No, I don't have the article. Naming the countries wouldn't be a problem, though! :-)
No, I never had Blitzkrieg. WS&IM saw much action on my table including long-running PBM games back in the 80s. Great game.
pancerni said…
Jonathan,
You will get a tour of Blitzkreig, several stops planned.

Popular Posts