Last week, some Stargrave and ....Tanksgiving-Bolt Action seasonal silliness

 Not a misspelling, rather an event.  Tabletop Game in Newington held a sort of 1000 point per participant, come as you are demo derby. It took me all of the tanks in my collection save 1 to  get to 1000 points for the event. 

Yes, armed with a Sherman, a Char bis,  a Somua and two BT-7's I jauntily deployed my targets- I mean tanks- and proceeded to be sandwiched between two opponents who between them brought a Pzkw IIIj, three Stugs, a T-34/85 and a Panther.  

Funniest thing happened, I killed the Pzkw 3 with one of the BT-7's, and the Char bis took over eight hits to kill.


Immobilized, turret jammed, the gallant tankers ran out of merlot just as three more pins were received to finally take the tank out.

You'll have to trust me on the rest.

Friday Fight- Stargrave

The day before Greg had come over for some Stargrave, I set up the scenario  'steam vents ' which features....  you guessed it, steam coming out of vents at inopportune times. 


  A familiar table cloth partly hidden by the 'cloud of steam.'
 
  You can't see it here, but I am doing pretty good, 
getting off with the loot and only minor casualties
 
We played 30" on a side as it was just us two, Roger could not make it due to an illness.

Tomorrow we are trying Frostgrave.  I am playing my Company of Witches.  If anything interesting happens I'll let you know.


Comments

daveb said…
Some nice armorcast terrain on the stargrave table!
rross said…
Looks like you have been busy having fun, Joe! Something interesting always happens in Frostgrave, so I look forward to reading all about it soon.
Ski said…
Looks awesome and I'm sure /something/ awesome will happen in that Frostgrave game :)
pancerni said…
Dave, very observant. That was most of my collection.
Keith, Ski, Frostgrave we played today, watch for the report on it soon. Sure moves along.

Popular Posts