Quick start to the holidays- Part two, the box arrives- Flat Top highlighted

 Wow, Saturday came and with it, the box from Noble Knight with my order. Say hello to my early Christmas and birthday presents.

Everything arrived securely in bubble wrap and cardboard. I will visit some of the other items later, but I wanted to show off Flat Top first.


Box is 12 X14 ish,

Yes! These are just the un-punched counters.
 The rest are in a large zip lock bag.

The entire map set, two 21x27 inch 'halves. 

The theater is roughly Rabual to Spiritu Santo, most of the real estate involved in the Guadalcanal, New Guinea, and Coral Sea operations.  There are 5 listed campaigns in the rules. Each would take hours and hours to set up and play. Good for wintry days to think of palm trees.


Better view of New Guinea map

I have a small campaign based on the advance up New Guinea's northern coast brewing, think Cruel Seas meets the Japanese.

More later, I am just starting to be chuffed; but its 8am and I've been up since 4.

Comments

Well, I was expecting to see the TAHGC version of FT not this version. The map will be very useful for campaigning.
Ski said…
Of wow. That will keep you busy for sure! I miss the days when I could set up a monster like that and leave it in place for days. I still have World in Flames that I punched and clipped over 20 years ago. One of these days... I'll break it out again. I still have fond memories of Barbarossa!
Gonsalvo said…
Lots of possibilities there!
rross said…
I was expecting a picture of a flash new haircut Joe.....flat top is a hair style in the US too, I hope....otherwise my lame joke is even lamer 😀
Tony Adams said…
Up since 4am...!!!!!!...wow...and why...???...Regards
pancerni said…
Keith, You are correct, another name for crew cut. Also for Aircraft Carrier.
I take a number two all round, but I w spare you the horror of a photo.

Ski, monster game is right. I have not played in over 30 years, same thing, never enough time.

Tony...just awake, part of being older.

Peter, but it's post khaki, such a shame.
James Fisher said…
Marvellous game. Great that you got the first edition too. One of the boardgames that I regret parting with. Mind you, I'd have had to cart it around, so probably for the best. I have since purchased a digital version of the files. One for later. I'll look forward to your updates as they come.
Regards, James
pancerni said…
Spent an enjoyable hour skimming the air rules today. I discussed the possible uses with Greg & Roger today. Definitely a low impact project except for time.

Popular Posts