1813 Swedes -Westgotha Regiment second battalion done (Perry Miniatures)

 Well, as threatened, another Swedish Army unit for the 1813 campaign. The first battalion are Minifig 25's painted back in the 1980's, and have been shown in the Swedish Army page. Here they are once more, with a better printed standard.

 


Steady boys, 24 veterans of many tabletop battles. Used in three different rules sets. Blah, blah, blah.

The second battalion, 18 strong, Perry Min's.  Brand new painted, untested in battle. 

No standard, modeled the unit in firing line.

This was my first attempt at using a 'contrast' paint, a white for the coats. Can't say I am overwhelmed by the results.  Still, the two units look vaguely familiar to each other. 

Two other regiments each need a battalion to finish the brigade.  Just a matter of scheduling them. Thanks for looking.


Comments

rross said…
Nice work Joe, I have not been tempted to try contrast paints...I think it's an acquired taste. My mate Nick uses it now and does a STUUNING job...his figures look like Meissen pottery...but then he was a fantastic painter before, using dry brushing techniques
Matt Crump said…
More troops ready for battle 👍 the veterans certainly look like they have seen some fighting. I too have toyed with the contrast paints approach but it doesn’t work for me.
pancerni said…
Hmmm, looking at the minifigs, I see the standard is awry. They are not used to the new bases, no doubt!

Thanks for the comments re the use of contrast paint. Reminds me nothing is a panacea.

I should do a few battles with all the 2021 troops at the least, just to shake out the 'new unit' debacles.
The blacklining in the first photo, definitely brings back memories to seeing hordes of 25mm Napoleonics, classically painted from the 70s and 80s. I have not tried Contrast Painting. I am happy with using a stain to bring out relief.
DeanM said…
Awesome Swedes, Joe! I must say this is an army not seen very often in Napoleonic gaming. Well done!
Ray Rousell said…
Nice painting, the yellow plumes really stand out.

Popular Posts