Local show and tell-other folks' stuff

 After a month of holiday and weather related hiatus, the local 'old guys' caught up on projects.  These photos in lieu of a rambling over long podcast.

 First up, my friend Roger's:

Neapolitan Velites of the Guard.

Some Greeks from Essex


Some Hessians.

The Neapolitans are a test and will either be augmented or repainted.  Roger is a better man than I, repainting.  The Essex Greeks are a long (25 year) project  that is dangerously near completion.  The Hessians are a start to one of two units Roger plans as part of a SYW Prussia themed army.


SYW French, Royal Corsicans, I believe.


An Austrian unit started. My notes are in disarray as to which one it will be.

The last two units are part of  two armies Roger started to collect, getting interrupted by the Front Rank sale to Gripping Beast (which just last week completed and the FR figures are again available) these units will be completed when the next order is received. 


Oh, evidently we are 'dipping our toes' into the Silver Bayonet rule set, Greg just got his copy. I wonder if there are Pumpkin men and scarecrows?









Comments

An old-fashioned Show and Tell. I like it!
rross said…
LOL - we are just a big bunch of kids aren't we - my gaming friends and I often have a show and tell session when we get together for a game! Also funny that you mention Silver Bayonet - I literally just comment on Michals Dwarfcrypt blog that a lot of people seem to be interested in this skirmish rule set at the moment!
pancerni said…
I suspect we all do a little S&T when we finish a painted unit or specialty figure at a game. This round was particularly heavy, being right after a productive holiday painting jag.
I had been curious about "Silver Bayonet"-given our recent infestation of sentient vegetables. The Facebook group has exploded in posts, especially now that the rules have been in and for over a month and people are painting 'wave' 1 & 2 released groups. Greg is our local instigator, most likely to invest in new rules. He brought along the rule book, and based on his observations I believe I we have a new set of horror skirmish rules.
DeanM said…
Very cool figures - I had that Essex Hoplite holding the spear.

Popular Posts