Frostgrave Friday, part I

 We decided to run three more adventures in Frostgrave, then switch gears into either Stargrave or something else entirely.  Having access to the Frostgrave Folio, one of the mini campaigns was chosen. 


Seemed to make sense to try the Hunt for the Granite Golem  arc, so the 23rd found us traipsing around an area strewn with corpses....investigating....

 Hmm, the photos loaded in the right order to explain the game.

 In the first (above) photo, Roger's Enchanter group enters from the left; Greg has a Summoner group loping through from the right. My group of Witch's and minions are doing a hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle.  We replaced corpses with the omnipresent glass beads to mark investigating points.

Greg and Roger both switched colleges of magic from their  original choices.  I remained with my original cast ((coven?) of characters. Here to the left of frame is my witch, center are two archers and the thug, Red Nell....Red Molly did not make it from past wounds.


 You'll see some of Roger's own band, top of the photo.  I successfully cast 'Fog' as a spell....note the flame markers representing fog.  I must paint up suitable fog banks soon.  Roger had the luck early on, finding the two zombies.   Annoying, the undead were put down pretty kick. Greg raised two zombies , his command of the summon spells equally working for Master and Accolytes.



The above photo shows the fighting around the gangs having field forces.

 Yes, a green day in Frostgrave, art imitating life as we got to single digits but received no snow for Christmas.

Greg was having too much luck summoning imps, animals and undead. In desperation I cast the spell where the roll to cast a spell is made more difficult. I succeeded, making the 'Sign in the Sky' sign, thus making summoning harder by 3 to cast. Greg noted he'd need 18 or better to summon.....good when a plan works.

That was my high point, Roger and I eventually got away with one treasure marker, I think Greg got one , but no one got the Golem Notes marker.  Maybe next week.  Meanwhile Nell and Fluffy are in post game purgatory til I roll to see what happened to them as they were down to zero health at various parts of the game.

Game as before went well, a few look ups, the next scenario the first week in January. 



Comments

rross said…
Great stuff Joe, looks like you are all still enjoying Frostgrave?
pancerni said…
The short answer is yes, the more recent games are the first steps to get motivated to name characters, develop backgrounds for bands and Wizards. The world is setting has enough depth to expand, and the expansion booklets are well thought out.The wizard for the band of witches is named Edda, her acolyte is Elise. Elise is a cross over from the imagination campaign. Maybe that's a two way street. I don't know the names of the characters from the other players but they are early days With the project.

Most of all, this is a painless way for me to play pre gunpowder rules. If you have seen the movie "The Brothers Grimm " you see what I'd like to do. Perhaps between Frostgrave and AD1666 I can enjoy several ways to skirmish with the dark side. :-)

Popular Posts