This is more effort than I thought ...spoilt for choices

 New to Frostgrave I secured several supplements...the Folio, the  Wizard's Conclave and the Red King. So many good ideas, so many choices to make. 

Since the three of us are starting to play  the game, we will start with the Golem scenarios and basic scenarios from the rulebook. Greg is running groups based on kobold or/and  half orcs, Roger is looking at Elementals and for myself a band led by witches and one using chronomancy. We should all die horribly on the table top and have fun doing it.

This game is actually set in scenario 'The Mausoleum" from the rule book,

Birdseye view of table (4 by 3) with plenty of terrain. 


Late in game view of Roger's elemental band, (the primed figures) and my fog bank denoted by fire markers!


 Late game shot of Greg's half-orc Summoner based band, my Witch band is off camera at bottom.


The biggest challenge is that being new to the game, we start out low in skill, and will need to temper enthusiasm with results from the first half dozen or so adventures. So the first two or thee scenarios from the rule book and then the Golem scenarios from the Folio will be how get stuck in. That said, I have had two advances for my witches muster and look providing some better opportunities. .

Comments

rross said…
Good to see you getting stuck into Frostgrave, Joe. I gave played three or four times and found most of it pretty simple to get the hang of.
Matt Crump said…
Nicely done I did pick up a copy of frostgrave when it first came out but never got round to play so interesting to see how it goes
Ski said…
Fantastic! We're to start our Stargrave campaign next weekend. This blog post is doing nothing to temper my enthusiasm.

Popular Posts