My daughter is awesome; 2022 style

 It is always fun for me around my birthday.  You see, its two weeks after Christmas.  Usually a good sweep at reduced prices to get the missing items , get stocked up on socks and underwear, and more.

And then there is my daughter....Her birthday is the day before mine, which lead to her declaring around age 6 that she got a "birthday week."  We used to play along, then she became an adult and it settled back to a one day event.

 She always sees that her elderly father is kept in toys, my Napoleonic British army owes its transports and boat support to her, also my Carlist War force owes its start and artillery arm to her generosity.  

But this year....

 

  Six beautifully done 25mm compatible doggies, including a dachshund ( the real life one is currently in house as my chief of staff, Valentine )

 

  Also procured and being staff studied for meal planning.


The box o'dogs will come in handy in Frostgrave games, if nothing else to provide Greg with a familiar in the Frostgrave . (Redundant, but I cannot be pithy at this hour.)

I have already decided to try the bacon wrapped asparagus recipe this week.




Comments

You trained her well. Great job parenting and happy birthday. I celebrated my birthday a few days ago.
Ray Rousell said…
Excellent presents!
pancerni said…
Ray, yes they are, and I don't have to paint the cookbook.

Jonathan, belated Happy Birthday to you then, fellow Capricorn.

My daughter (and granddaughters) each claim title to the colonelcy of a unit in my collection.
Matt Crump said…
Happy birthday …..always good to train the family 👍
rross said…
Jon is correct on your advanced parenting skills, Joe, a very well brought up daughter, obviously!
pancerni said…
I have to credit my wife with the proper bringing up routines.
Tony Adams said…
Happy birthday.....good presents...daughters are a real blessing especially when they turn up bearing such great presents...all your hard work has paid off...I have two...they are such fun...Regards.
pancerni said…
Tony, then you are doubly blessed!
Stew said…
Your daughter is more awesome than mine, but I have hope. 😀
pancerni said…
All daughters are awesome, not all like wargames. Wives and grand daughters, too.

She'll come around....just don't be sore if she defeats you!
Ray Rousell said…
Sounds like this could be a lot of fun.

Popular Posts