More old stuff, and something new

Copyright 1981,so over 40 years ago anyway.


 Intergral Map included
 
Star Fleet was a three volume  set of sci-fi rules, each volume hawked for a princely sum of just around $10 dollars.  The first volume was a 'big ship' game. The second volume added fighter planes and their carriers as well as some tweaks to the first book to allow the fighters to have an effect. There were no 'official ships' for the game.

The third book, while "meant to be used only with the first two volumes," per the copy was really pretty complete and playable as a high level campaign of exploration, exploit, etc.  Six players could each represent a nascent star empire. Megalomania at its finest. Math heavy and background light, the game  leaves a lot to the imagination for color and civilization differences.  In the good, flexible, no details forced on you here sort of approach.

I think I may have a run at a paper exercise (this) as part of the background generation of my stillborn background work for my Stargrave adventures. 

All I have to do then is weave why Silent Death fighters, Monday Knight Galactic dreadnaughts and 40k Rogue Trader and Necromunda figures are doing in this spiral arm of the galaxy. 

Like I don't have enough projects.

Oh yeah almost forgot.
  As previously mentioned, since "Winter is Coming" and what all that means here.

Fresh out of the box.....New addition to the garage......the snowblower!

Battery powered, 28 inch wide clearing width,

 the chute speaks for itself....yes sixty feet

I am told this is 'da bomb.'

  Powered by two 12 amp hour batteries, each weighing in at ten pounds



 ....which take three hours to charge, allowing me several hot chocolates, a sandwich, a nap, and dried out gloves during the worst storms ( 18 plus inches of snow) when I may need two passes at clearing.
 
Definitely more advanced than the 1980's rules.  Not to mention the single stage Toro snow blower it replaces.
 
 

Comments

El Grego said…
Starfire takes me way back as well!

Heated grips would have been so decadent back in the day...
pancerni said…
Greg,
Yes, very. But now they simply let me work longer. I'll report back after a storm.
Inquisitor said…
Hey now- electric snowblowers? Whatever will they think of next?
Good luck with that machine.
I’m expecting my new machine tomorrow. Powered by gas, but well recommended. My joints just ain’t wot they used to be!
pancerni said…
The gas and the electric machines are all a step up from the shovel.

Popular Posts