I think it's fun.

 My wife is a voracious reader, especially since retirement.  But primarily fiction. 

I had been the non fiction reader in the house. Recently my spouse wanted to read about the Civil War battle of Antietam .  We had visited the battlefield as part of a vacation several years ago.  

Once she was partway through the book, we had some short discussions on what she read. One of the results was that she then wanted to read about the battle of  Gettysburg.  She's on the third day and the start of Pickett's charge. 

Last night we watched the first two hours of the movie Gettysburg,  ending at the defense of Little Round Top. 

I started a book on the Chancellorsville battle to keep up.  

I look forward to seeing what she wants to read next.  Things have a way of changing. 



Comments

You have done very well, Joe! Now, when will she begin painting figures?
pancerni said…
Um, how should I say this....that is very unlikely she'll start painting.

And yes she did play---one game, over 45 years ago.

I am happy, it means a trip to each battlefield once more.
Matt Crump said…
Excellent Joe my wife would not be very happy to sit and watch Gettysburg !
pancerni said…
Matt,

We have made several trips to the Gettysburg battle field over the years and my wife does have the ability to sit through most movies, even if I pick a clunker. And Gettysburg is not a clunker.

It doesn't hurt that General Buford is played by Sam Elliot. One of my wife's favorite actors.
BTW, glad to see you back and playing ,painting and hopefully having more fun.


Ray Rousell said…
Oh wow, you're a lucky man!
pancerni said…
Ray,
Thank you. I am truly blessed.
caveadsum1471 said…
Lucky you! My wife has pretty much zero interest in military history and even less in miniature gaming/painting, still we are going to see Napoleon on the big screen when it comes out, which I count as a result!
Best Iain
pancerni said…
Iain,
That's a win! It has been a journey for us to find common ground on what to view.
Our joke is how many choices on future views the offended spouse has been given when I select a clunker.
Joe

Popular Posts