Oops! How did I miss these guys?

 Several years back,  (ok, 2013) I reported on my new Scots Greys for my 1815 British Army.  In the intervening years I managed to paint these two units which comprised the rest of the Union Brigade at the time.

Royal Irish, Scots Greys,  the Royals. 


The entire Brigade.


Does seem remiss of me. 


Well, that was a while ago.

Oops, sorry guys!  The Royals were completed within a month or so.  Promptly put in the box and patiently waiting for battle.   I guess I just didn't post as much in 2017.

Will have to get them on the table soon. I quite understand that the Brigade was not at Quatre Bras,  which was the focus of my British Army , but since they are finished...

 But these do not count towards this  years painted total.


Comments

What a terrific find! These fellas have been AWOL for a very long time.
Ray Rousell said…
Great looking cavalry, Joe.
DeanM said…
Lovely figures of a famous unit, Joe!
pancerni said…
Ray & Dean, thank you.

Jonathan, thank you as well, not to worry about AWOL rather the lack of realization on my part the painting of the units never was shared. Since the units with red coats populate the ELECTORAL count of Hanover forces, they are likely to see action either in imagination campaigns or in 1815 Belgium set games. I won't tell what other units were in the container....until they get painted.
caveadsum1471 said…
Lovely looking bonus heavy cavalry!
Best Iain
Inquisitor said…
Wait- so these guys were AWOL for six years and they get to just come back and play?
Something’s wrong here, coach!
pancerni said…
Edgar, the fault lies with the Colonel, not the troops. They have always been ready, even if the enemy is mounted on ostriches or tigers.
James Fisher said…
They look excellent Joe. Nicely animated for the charge too!
Regards, James
pancerni said…
James, thank you for the kind words. I still need to get them on the table soon. Maybe the North part of the continent will heat up. :-;

Popular Posts