Ok, so here is my painting table, and figure storage.

I still think this is a bad idea, but Keith over at http://1808534.blogspot.com/

Says we should share the condition of painting table exists.

 

                                 Here is the main table, does get some natural light , 
                                 around dusk the light is too direct to use then.


 Alternate table, mostly used for staging.
 
No self respecting wargamer/procrastinator would not keep at least half the backlog within arm's reach.
 

Inside the cabinet are two or three hundred primed figures in queue.



The imagination campaign, reference books and AD1666 live here. The stacked plastic file boxes have the imagination campaign records in them.


And for inspiration. Still an awesome movie. 


The storage for painted troops, basing materials and terrain is in our cellar. Old farmhouses here (New England) have cellars, not basements.  Assuming you have strong stomachs,

  
 Terrain, bases, 20mm WW2 and 28mm VSF figures & stuff.


More of same, plus the terrain tower.


Left half of Napoleonic figures, 100 plus really useful boxes, the  right half of them is off camera. The stacks are two deep on the shelves in this unit as the shelves are four foot deep.


More shelving, mostly deep storage projects, like 20mm WW2 and oddities, like the Wars of Ozzz figures.


I did leave out the actual workbench and my colonial/seventeenth Century shelving units.  You can have too much of a good thing.



 

Comments

OK, OK. The state of your painting desk makes me feel more positive about the state of mine. You, my friend, have a lot of stuff!
rross said…
Haha - well done Joe - a double whammy - both "reveals" in one post! Do you have an estimate on how many boxes - seems to me like you probably have significantly more boxes than my 130+?!
daveb said…
I envy those with a window and natural light. I'm in a furnace room....with a prison like window tucked BEHIND the furnace. Boo.
Lawrence H said…
A nice tour Joe, and all nicely organised.
pancerni said…
Yes, yikes, even.
pancerni said…
Jonathan, Glad to be of service. Yes I do. I didn't show you my recent trophies.

Keith, Really useful brand, about 102. Others, cardboard, shoe boxes, etc. -no idea . Fishing tackle carriers masquerading as boxes-7. And no , I am not making an inventory. Yes I did figure to answer both questions so as to get back to painting.

Dave, I had t o wait until kids grew up and moved out. Before that it was as your set up. Hopefully your situation improves with time?

Lawrence, Thanks! Although sometimes the organization falls through. Just found my 20mm GI's after 2 searches.
Czar Barry said…
Nice Joe. I wish my painting table was the organized and that big.
daveb said…
Obviously the trick to reducing the number of boxes you have is to get bigger boxes....
Gonsalvo said…
We do have a lot of "stuff", don't we?
pancerni said…
Barry, they are not really big. Just trick photography.

Dave, I made the move from shoe boxes to Really Useful Boxes and did not look back. And I do have some to highlight soon.

Gonsalvo, yes we do have a fair bit.
Matt Crump said…
I’m with Jon ….this is making me feel slightly better about my mess 😀 good for you 👍
pancerni said…
Matt, As per my opening....no good can come of this. Except for being an object lesson. And things actually get painted and games actually get played. So it's all good.
Tony Adams said…
Hi....That for sure is a lot of stuff...and so much in the painting queue... just for information, we have cellars not basements here in UK too....Regards.
pancerni said…
Tony,
Thanks for the cellar tip. I was very young but shocked to find out a lot of US homes in certain regions have no basements/cellars!
I have a lot in the painting queue, but my armies will be large.
Joe

Popular Posts